You see that the Data Migration Service (DMS) shows a 18017 error while attempting a migration.
- Data Migration Service configuration
Follow the steps below in order to fix the issue:
- Check the username and password and try again.
- If the user is account is suspended, it will be necessary to restore it and try again. For details, go to Restore a suspended user.
If the issue persists, then you can choose an option depending on where the migration is being performed from:
Migration from an existing Google Workspace account:
- Verify you completed the setup steps for existing Google Workspace accounts.
- If the issue persists, or you use 2 Step Verification, you can migrate data as if you’re migrating from Gmail.
- For details, go to Set up and migrate from Gmail and, if needed, try the troubleshooting step below for Gmail.
Migration from a personal Gmail account (ends with @gmail.com):
- Verify you completed the preparation steps for Gmail.
- If the issue persists, follow the steps for error code 18020 documented.
Migration from another IMAP provider:
- Check with the service provider or system administrator.
This error can be observed if:
- The IMAP credentials are invalid.
- A user account in the source domain is suspended.