Users that are unable to create breakout rooms in Google Meet.
- Google Meet
- On your computer, start a meeting.
- At the bottom right, click Activities icon > Breakout rooms.
- Tip: To prevent students from having the ability to create breakout rooms, admins should reserve Meet creation privileges for faculty or staff only.
- In the Breakout rooms creation panel, choose the number of breakout rooms. You can create up to 100 breakout rooms in a call.
- Call participants are distributed across the rooms. To manually move people into different rooms, you can:
- Enter the participant’s name directly into a breakout room.
- Drag and drop a participant’s name into another breakout room.
- Click Shuffle icon to randomly mix up the groups.
- At the bottom right, click Open rooms.