How do you create users in bulk?
In order to create users in bulk, you need to first download the template from the Admin console. Let's follow these steps:
- Open your Google Admin console.
- Go to Menu > Directory > Users.
- At the top of the page, click Bulk update users.
- Click Download blank CSV template to download a comma-separated values (.csv) file.
- Open the CSV file in a spreadsheet application, such as Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
Within the file, we have 5 mandatory fields:
- First Name.
- Last Name.
- Email Address — Use the format email@example.com.
- Password — Must be at least 8 characters.
- Org Unit Path — Enter / (forward slash) to place users in your top-level.
Pay attention to the Organizational Unit Path
if you have multiple Organizational Units (OU) as it is space and sensitive, let's use the following example:
- /Sales (for a child below the top-level parent).
- /Students/First Grade.
Once the file has been saved, you need to take these steps to create the users in bulk:
- At the top of the Users page, click Bulk update users.
- Click Attach CSV file.
- Browse to the location on your computer and attach the CSV file.
- Click Upload.