How can you use email delegation to grant one or more people (delegates) access to a single account.
Follow these steps to let users delegate email:
- Make sure you're signed in to an administrator account. Mail delegation is configured at end-user level.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps > Google Workspace > Gmail.
- Click User Settings > Mail delegation.
- To turn on email delegation, click the box next to Let users delegate access to their mailbox to other users in the domain.
- To change which sender address that the recipient sees (the account owner’s or delegate’s), under Sender information shown to recipient, select an option.
- Click Save.
Note: Delegates can read, send, and delete messages for the delegated account. However, they can’t chat with anyone from the delegated account or change the password.
Some users may not be able to respond to some messages when being on meetings or conference calls, the users may designate an internal user to check and even respond on behalf of the user.