- Factory reset
- Advanced management
- Device Policy app
- If the device was already in use, do a factory reset.
Tap Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > follow the prompts.
- On the home screen, tap Start.
- Connect to a mobile network or tap the Wi-Fi network that you want to use.
Once connected, the device might check for updates.
- When prompted, choose an option:
- Copy your data from another device or the cloud.
- Set up the device as a new device.
- Sign in with your Google Workspace email address and tap Next.
Your Google Workspace address is the email address that you use at your organization.
- Enter your password and tap Next.
- When prompted, tap Accept & continue to set up your device for work.
Note: If you get a prompt to install a device policy app, go to step 2 (below).
- Follow the prompts to set up security features.
- In the Admin console, go to Menu > Devices > Mobile & endpoints > Settings > iOS.
- Click Apple certificates > Set Up Enrollment.
- Click Get public key. The public key downloads to your device.
- Open Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager and sign in with your business Apple ID. In the Device Enrollment Program section:
- Click Manage Servers.
- If you already set up an MDM Server to use for these devices, click it. Otherwise, create a server.
- When prompted, upload the public key you downloaded from the Admin console.
- Download the server token from Apple.
- Return to the Admin console.
- Under Business Apple ID, enter the Apple ID you used to get the token. This entry helps you track which admin did the setup.
- Click Upload Server Token, select the token you downloaded from Apple, and click Open.
- Click Save & Continue.
- The token and its expiration date are now listed on the settings page. Set a calendar reminder to renew the token before it expires.