You might have unwanted software or malware installed on your computer if you experience:
- Pop-up ads and new tabs that won't go away
- Your Chrome homepage or search engine keeps changing without your permission
- Unwanted Chrome extensions or toolbars keep coming back
- Your browsing is hijacked, and redirects to unfamiliar pages or ads
- Alerts about a virus or an infected device.
- Chrome OS devices
To prevent intrusive or misleading ads, change your site settings.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More > Settings > Privacy and security.
- Click Site settings > Additional content settings > Intrusive ads.
- Select the option you want as your default setting.
You can disable extensions and test them one by one to disable or discontinue the one with the issue.