As an administrator for your organization's Google Workspace or Cloud Identity service, you need to restore suspended user accounts that were:
- Suspended by you or another administrator to temporarily block their access.
- Automatically suspended by Google systems for being at risk.
- Temporarily restricted from using their Gmail account for exceeding account limits (Google Workspace only).
- Automatically suspended from Gmail for potential spam abuse (Google Workspace only).
Once restored, users can sign in and access all their services and data.
- Gmail Spam and abuse
- In the Admin console, go to Menu > Directory > Users.
- Click Add a filter and choose User status.
- Check the Suspended box and click Apply.
- In the Users list, on the row for the suspended user you want to restore, click More options > Reactivate.
Tip: You can also find this option on the user's account page.
- To confirm, click Reactivate.