A user in your organization has been suspended, however; you would like to route all emails sent to the suspended user to another account.
Set up a default routing policy to direct emails sent to a suspended user to another account:
- Sign in to the Admin console.
- Navigate to Menu > Apps > Google Workspace > Gmail > Default routing.
- Click Configure or Add another rule.
- Under Specify envelope recipients to match select Single recipient.
- Enter the suspended user's email address.
- Scroll down to Envelope recipient and check the box next to Change envelope recipient.
- Select Replace recipient and enter the email address of the user that will be receiving the emails.
- Select Perform this action on non-recognized and recognized addresses.
- Click Save.
When a user is suspended, emails sent to the account will be rejected.