Need to set up Sphero Edu Android apps on Chromebooks to detect the Sphero robots.
- Sphero Edu Android apps
You must set the following settings under the organizational units of the users or students.
- Sign in to the Admin console.
- Navigate to Devices > Chrome > Settings > Users & browser.
- Choose the organizational unit of the user.
- Look for is Geolocation > set it to Allow users to decide.
- Find the Google Location Services and set it to Allow users to decide.
- On the Chromebook, go to Settings > Apps.
- From the application's menu, select Google Play Store.
- In the Google Play Store menu, select Manage Android preferences.
- On Android preferences, select Security & Location.
- Under Privacy, select Location.
- In the Location screen, toggle Use Location to the On position.
- If needed, sign out and log back into the device to refresh the Chromebook’s policies and settings.
- Try to scan any Sphero robots nearby.
For reference, you can check the following links:
Need to enable different location services in the Admin console and Chromebook.