- Google Chrome
IMPORTANT: You must have enrolled Google Chrome or managed Chromebooks.Generate enrollment token
- In your Google Admin console.
- Go to Menu > Devices > Chrome > Managed browsers.
- At the top, click Enroll.
- Note: If this is your first browser enrollment, you are prompted to accept the Chrome Browser Cloud Management (CBCM) Terms of Service.
- Click Copy enrollment token to clipboard or Download.
- Click Done.
Option 1: Edit the registry file.
- Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome, set CloudManagementEnrollmentToken to the generated token you copied above.
- Clear the current enrollment if one exists using:
- (Optional) By default, if enrollment fails, for example if the enrollment token is invalid or revoked, Chrome will start in an unmanaged state. Instead, if you want to prevent Chrome browser from starting if enrollment fails, set CloudManagementEnrollmentMandatory under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome to TRUE.
- The downloaded REG file automatically adds the token and clears the current enrollment.
- When you use the REG file, Chrome browser will still respect the CloudManagementEnrollmentMandatorypolicy in Option 1, blocking launch if enrollment fails. See the note above if you're enrolling machines imaged from the same Windows source.
Please refer to this article on how to enroll ChromeOS devices.