Move YouTube channel from Gmail account to Google Workspace account
Stay organized with collections
Save and categorize content based on your preferences.
How to move the channel that you have on a Gmail account to your Google Workspace account.
- Admin console
- YouTube web interface
- Sign in to YouTube.
- At the top of your screen, click your profile picture.
- Please make sure you are signed in to the account of the channel that you want to move.
- Click Create a channel.
- Then create a brand account and then follow the next step.
- Navigate to Settings > Advanced settings > Move channel to a Brand Account.
- As the brand account is still associated to the same account, you will be requested to replace the brand account, you need to be careful here and make sure that you are moving the right account.
- Click Replace, then select Delete channel in the box that pops up.
- Check how your channel name will appear after moving, then click Move channel, this will delete the newly created brand account replacing it with the account you want to move.
Provide account access to manage the channel
- On YouTube, sign in as the owner of the Brand Account.
- In the top right, click your profile picture > Settings.
- Under Account select Add or remove manager(s).
- Click Manage permissions.
- Choose Invite new users.
- Enter the email address of the Google Account you would like to move your channel to.
- Below their name, select a role, in this case pick Owner.
- Select Invite > Done.
- Accept the email invite sent to the newly added Google Account.
- After seven days, sign in from the new Google Account and return to Manage Permissions.
- From the down arrow, change the role of the signed-in account to primary owner.
- Click Transfer in the box that pops up.
Except as otherwise noted, the content of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License, and code samples are licensed under the Apache 2.0 License. For details, see the Google Developers Site Policies. Java is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Last updated 2023-09-19 UTC.
"label":"Missing the information I need"
"label":"Too complicated / too many steps"
"label":"Out of date"
"label":"Samples / code issue"
"label":"Easy to understand"
"label":"Solved my problem"