Calls to a ring group are not forwarded to mobile numbers associated with an user’s Google Voice number. If you add a user to a ring group, Voice only calls their primary number.
Note: Members that you add to the ring group must have a Voice license and number assigned.
Name the ring group and add members
- In your Google Admin console.
- Go to Menu > Apps > Google Workspace > Google Voice.
- Requires the Google Voice Admin role.
- Click Ring groups.
- At the top, click Create.
- Under Details, enter the display name and, optionally, add a description.
- Under Members, in the Find users field, enter the ring group members, one at a time.
- You can add up to 25 members.
- Click Continue.
Set up call handling
In the Configure call handling section, set up how to handle incoming calls to the ring group.
Note: While on a call as part of a ring group, you receive incoming call notifications but not missed call notifications.
Assign numbers to the ring group
After you create a ring group, assign one or more numbers for callers to reach the ring group.
- On the left, click Assign A Number.
- In the Country/region field, click the Down arrow and select the country or region.
In the Service address field, select the service address of the number.
The list shows your Voice locations. In the Google Voice number field, Voice shows an available number.
- Choose an option:
- To keep the number, click Assign.
- To find a different number:
- Click Change.
- Next to a number in the list, click Select.
- Click Assign.
- Click Finish.