When you try to edit the privileges in a custom admin role the error message 'Failed to save the privilege changes' appears preventing the changes.
- Access your Admin console.
- Go to Main Menu > Account > Admin roles.
- Click the name of the custom admin role you are having issues with.
- Select the Admins section.
- Next to the assigned admins, click on the Organizational unit and make sure to select the top-level organization for all of them
- Click on Done.
After applying this change, you will be able to make the changes needed in the custom admin role privileges.
This error appears when the custom admin role has been assigned to admins for specific Organizational units and the changes being applied include privileges that can't be limited to specific Organizational units.