You are unable to install Google Credential Provider for Windows on an older machine.
Make sure the System requirements are met:
- Windows 10 Pro, Pro for Workstations, Enterprise, or Education version 1803 or later
- Chrome Browser version 81 or later (stable version), installed with admin privileges
- Available disk space for Google Chrome (100 MB) and Google Credential Provider for Windows (3 MB)
- You need administrator privileges on the device to run the installer, or you can deploy the installer to devices using software deployment tools.
Make sure the License requirements as well for the users:
- Google Credential Provider for Windows (standalone)—Supported editions for this feature: Frontline; Business Starter, Standard and Plus; Enterprise; Education Fundamentals, Standard, Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Plus; G Suite Basic and Business; Essentials; Cloud Identity Free and Premium.
- Google Credential Provider for Windows with Windows device management—Supported editions for this feature: Enterprise; Education Standard and Plus; Cloud Identity Premium.
: Remember that Windows device management allows to use OMA-URI policies from Microsoft, just Google Credential Provider for Windows is the login page using Google Credentials.