- Managed Chromebooks
Note: 2-step verification cannot override the managed device settings.
- In the Google Admin Console, click Menu > Devices > Chrome > Settings > Device.
- On the left, select the affected device's OU (where the staff devices are located).
- Under the Device Settings section on the right, scroll down and select Sign-in screen.
- Set the policy to Always show user names and photos.
- Save the changes.
- Restart the Chromebook or reload the policies at:
- Test again.
You can also follow the steps in our Help Center article Set ChromeOS device policies.
Note: If your users are enrolled in 2-step verification, they will be prompted to perform their second verification step each time they sign in to their device.