- Chrome OS Flex
You must deprovision the device that uses the device MAC address as its default serial number.
- In the Admin console, go to Menu > Devices > ChromeDevices.
- At the top, use the filter to select the current status of the device that you want to deprovision. For details, see Device status view in Admin console.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit.
- Check the box next to the device that you want to deprovision.
- Note: If you are deprovisioning multiple devices for different reasons, deprovision them in groups, depending on the reason.
- At the top, click Deprovision selected devices.
- Specify whether devices automatically factory reset. Choose an option:
- Yes, factory reset to remove all data including user profiles, device policies, and enrollment data.
- No, keep existing data and user profiles.
- Check the box to confirm that you understand the actions to re-enroll a device.
- Select your deprovisioning reason.
- Note: If there are annual upgrades on the account, or if all devices selected are Chrome Enterprise devices, you do not have to select any deprovisioning reason. For more details, see About Chrome Enterprise devices.
- Click Deprovision.
Note: Deprovisioned devices remain in their organizational unit, even though you no longer manage them.